With the body weakening fast, radiation and chemo down the road, preparing the body by ensuring it was running & eliminating optimally, maintaining its vitality to endure long toxic assaults, etc., became momentous and center-stage in my life! The mind-body-spirit connection had to be strengthened, well thought-out and executed. This was make it or break it time! The warrior princess was alive & kicking!
Already on prescription steroids and pain pills (Norco), with prescription for anti-nausea medications for radiation treatment due to effect my digestive/ gastrointestinal tract and secretory glands, and with chemo down the road… there were concerns galore! How do I effectively manage all the side effects and toxins (constipation due to pain pills being primary concern), plus how to buffer the stomach, liver, pancreas, gallbladder, intestines, etc. from short and long term damage!
Needless to say, diet and nutrition moved center stage! Food became sacred! To achieve the right physical strength and calm mind (and to balance the flow of energy between the two), my relationship with food and lifestyle had to overhaul and be transformed! Foods- type of foods, herbs, minerals, and supplements which would fortify the body, help build the body (bones in my case), kept it vibrant (while counteracting side effects my treatment and prescription medications), allowed for proper elimination and to bring it to a state of balance, before, after and beyond treatment, became a conscious intention.
Good thing! I had had a head start in my journey down Ayurveda way, although in infancy stage! So didn’t need much convincing, however, the diagnosis did propelled it to center stage in my life fast! I was seeking spiritual transformation as I knew my purpose of life was more than I was doing. I was more caught up in my ego, desires, wishes and materialistic pursuits, busy lifestyle, and resulting negative emotions and thought patterns. I understood that there is more to life than that and I need to restore the delicate balance between the mind, body, and spirit by doing lifestyle modifications, incorporating meditation, mind-training by chanting, incorporating daily spiritual practices, reigniting my creativity, etc.
While doing online research on Ayurvedic medicine and lifestyle I repeatedly saw myself drawn to Yogi Cameron’s youtube videos. His aura and energy was crystal-clear! His advice sound and practical! His lifestyle was disciplined and ascetic! He was the healer for me! Once we were able to schedule a phone appointment, we discussed my diagnosis, treatment plans, need to build the bone tissue, my lifestyle, diet, spirituality and daily practices, etc. Following is the plan we came up for me during radiation, that will commence Feb 5th and last for 10 sessions. I will give an update as to how it went for me.
Yogi Cameron’s Plan for Me –
- 6-10 Asanas – to open the muscles and channels of the system.
- Pranayama of Full breath and Alternate nostril breathing – each done for 5-7 minutes each.
- Spiritual practice – to thank the divine and set intention for the day
Nutrition during Radiation-
- Probiotics – double the dosage!
- Drink Ghee in hot milk – helps transport ghee to deeper bone tissue.
- Tip- Everyone should incorporate daily 3 tsp of ‘Desi Ghee’ daily, young or elders!
- Vegetable soups/smoothies/juices(even when not hungry)– for nutrition
- Fresh Tumeric and ginger root juice – bitter so mix it in a little water
- Shilajit – encourages healthy cellular function/ nourishes muscle tissue
- Ashwagandha – encourages nerve, muscle function, adrenal glands
- Shatavari – cools the body, nourishes tissue and immune system
- Manjishta– cleanses blood and lymph
- Bala Oil – (external use only) – massage oil for muscles and joints/heart
- Triphala – one hour before bedtime on an empty stomach to help clean the colon (a must)
Yogiji Cameron you are such a blessing from the divine in my life. Thank you!